Within hours of putting plates on the car, I was at a local autocross. Out of the box, the car is dandy. Nothing wretched or scary. I am very pleased with the balance – the lower (than the book) rear roll centre was definitely successful. Very predictable car to drive. Scary quick.
- Chevette Steering rack too slow (Replaced with MG Midget rack)
- Polyethylene trailing arm bushings do not allow enough compliance – the back comes out too easily (replaced with rubber Triumph Spitfire bushings)
- Rear shocks too stiff (now mounted upside-down)
- Loud (Thrush Magnum replaced with Dynomax Super Turbo)
- Windy (side curtains purchased)
- Engine still pulling strong at redline (???)
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (trademark Wellwood spin)